Momma Bear's Kitchen
All visible accouterments and costumes conform to your preferred time period (except for those things required by the Health Department, of course). Even the Kitchen itself is set up in a canvas tent, correct for any period in history (as opposed to a modern concession trailer, which fits no time period prior to the late 1940's). And, while modern, sanitary equipment is used for the cooking and serving, the style of cooking and the foods served are also historically correct.
Our standard Bill of Fare is as traditional as our costuming, featuring Olde World favorites like Polish and Frankfort Sausages, served on a stick (buns not being "invented" until 1903) and whole Mushrooms simmered in a savory wine sauce, combined with New World treats like Smoked Turkey Legs, Pulled Pork Barbeque, Pennsylvania Dutch style Funnel Cakes, and Fry Bread. Even our drinks are traditional favorites - Coffee, Iced Tea, Sweet Spiced Cider and Lemonade. However, we have the flexibility to adjust our menu to better fit your event. And, if there is enough interest, we are always happy to open early and make breakfast for the participants at your event.
As an additional bonus our cook, Eddie Little Bear, is not only a classically trained chef with AAS degrees in both Culinary Arts and Restaurant Management, as well as certified in Food Safety and Sanitation by the State of Illinois, but he is also an accomplished Storyteller who likes to step out of the kitchen now and then and spin a yarn or two for the patrons.
If you would like Momma Bear to bring her kitchen to your next event, contact her at:
Sarah "Momma Bear" Emerson
cell# - (847) 219-5254 Email - email@example.com
"If you're plagued with Hunger or Thirst, Momma Bear has got the Cure!"
A Gathering at Macktown
- Macktown Historical Society, Rockton, IL (2001 - 2009)
Autumn on Parade
- Oregon Historical Society, Oregon, IL (2000, 2002)
Byron Heritage Days
- Byron Heritage Committee, Byron, IL (2001, 2002)
Dixon Petunia Festival
- Dixon Heritage Committee, Dixon, IL (2001, 2002, 2003)
Ft. Atkinson Heritage Days
- Ft. Atkinson Heritage Committee, Ft. Atkinson, WI (2001 - 2009)
Heritage Days Rendezvous
- Galesburg Historical Society, Galesburg, IL (2002)
I&M Canal Rendezvous
- I&M Canal Historical Society, Willow Springs, IL (2000 - 2005, 2007)
Trail of History
- McHenry County Conservation District, Ringwood, IL (2000 - 2009)
Gathering on the Theatiki
- Habitants du Theatiki Inc., Bourbonnais, IL (2003, 2004, 2005, 2009)
Ohio State Bicentennial
- Beaver Creek Historical Society, Beaver Creek, Ohio (2003)
Pike River Rendezvous
-Kenosha Historical Society, Kenosha, WI (2006 - 2009)
Return to Index